Please note: Our Bolton branch is closed. However, our Newcastle branch remains operational and we are always happy to offer nationwide financial advice and guidance. Our advisers remain contactable at info@b-advised.co.uk.

Home & Personal Insurance Advice

Not all insurers are the same. At B-advised we can source the market to find you the best value deals, and that’s not the end of the service – if you make a claim we will of course be on-hand to help you through the process. Lots of comparison web sites are focused on the price and neglect the advice you may need to find the best value plan.

In the event of  home or personal insurance claim (that is the true test of the value) are you prepared to be disappointed?

Household insurances

b-advised Limited act as a credit broker not a lender

Get A Quote  My Policy

Although exact coverage and policy limits vary, Home insurance usually covers damage caused by the following events/catastrophes:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Explosion
  • Smoke
  • Vandalism
  • Accidental Damage
  • Theft, including cheque forgery and counterfeit currency
  • Unauthorized use of credit cards
  • Falling objects
  • Storm damage
  • Riot
  • Freezing of plumbing
  • Escape of water due to plumbing burst ect.
  • Hot water heater bursting
  • Legal services
  • Emergency cover
  • And more coverage may also include food spoilage; lock replacement, temporary repairs, removing debris. If these items are not initially included in your basic coverage, it is possible to have them added.

Accident Sickness & Unemployment

With accident, sickness and unemployment policies, you pay for an amount of monthly cover – usually up to £1,500 – and if you lose your job or can’t work due to an accident or an illness, you get that amount of money each month to spend how you like. Policies usually pay out for up to a year or until you return to work, whichever happens first.


  • Worth taking out if you’ve taken out your mortgage or re-mortgage after October 1995, as you are un-likely to get any help from the state with your mortgage payments if you get into trouble.
  • A good idea if you think making your mortgage payments would be difficult if you were made redundant or too ill to work and you don’t have any other savings or protection to cover household bills.
  • May be useful to think about if you don’t have a job which has sick pay or your self-employed


  • It covers only a specific debt – your mortgage, so you won’t have extra money to provide for other things like food, clothing etc.
  • Can be expensive
  • These types of cover pays for a limited time period, typically 1 to 2 years or until you return to work.

Who is eligible for cover?

Anyone can apply for an accident sickness & unemployment policy so long as you are over 18 and under 60 and you normally reside in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. You must also be in employment or self-employment for at least 16 hours per week and have been so for the last 6 months.

You can start claiming your income protection typically after just 60 days of being off work through illness or an accident as certified by your doctor. You can select to cover typically any amount up to £1,500. You can claim your daily income protection from just 60 days after you cannot work through sickness or an accident (or unemployment, if chosen) and continue to claim for up to a full year. As with other forms of personal protection insurances (e.g. life insurance, health insurance) premiums will gradually increase as you get older in line with the rates quoted.

Safeguard yourself against disappointing home and personal insurance plans by seeking advice from our dedicated team. Contact us today for exclusive advice.